I have come to realize that researching wine is only fun if there is a glass of wine nearby…
While enjoying a glass of chardonnay, I found some fun facts about wine:
- There is approximately 5 glasses per bottle of wine
- Each bottle of wine has about 750 calories
- There are about 520 grapes per bottle of wine
- On average wine has an alcohol content between 12 and 15 per cent
I have also discovered the benefits of drinking wine, what type of glass to drink from and wine temperatures.
Benefits of Wine-ing
I’m excited to share that there are some health benefits to drinking wine! According to the Washington Post, Time and Web MD, studies have releaved health benefits of drinking wine. They have discovered that wine:
- boosts levls of HDL, the “good” cholesterol, and helps prevent LDL, the “bad” cholesterol
- improves cardiac health
- improve glucose control
- decreases cardiometabolic risk
- better sleep quality
To enjoy these health benefits you should be drinking one glass of wine per day (yay!).
Type of Glass
Apparently it’s important to carefully select the wine glass that matches the type of wine you are drinking… I usually just grab the biggest glass I see!
If you cannot find any of the following glasses, a red solo cup will do.
Temperature is very important when drinking wine.
- Too cold: flavours and aromas are masked, making the wine seem ‘simple’
- Too warm: lose it’s structure and becomes flat
- Too cold: will mute it’s aromas and flavours, making it taste excessively tannic and acidic
- Too warm: will taste overly alcoholic, flat and lifeless
Use this graphic as a guide for the perfect wine temperature:
Wine hack: if you need to cool wine quickly, wrap the bottle with a wet paper towel and put it in the freezer for ten minutes. Don’t forget about it or else you’ll end up with a popsicle!
Do you have any cool #winehacks? Share them below!
That’s all for now!